The Breg Culture
This culture is called the Breg. Its people are the Bregi, and they are a human society.
They speak Breg. Breg is a guttural language. It uses a semanto-phonetic writing system, with characters composed of triangles, loops, and flowing lines. The sample phrase "Hello! It is good to see you, friend." in Breg is said "kug! Gig krochig keg cheng gri, trik. "
They originally came from a temperate coniferous forest region.
Buildings have walls made of carved stone with large decorative arches, and roofs are flat and made of wooden shingles. Doors are made of heavy wood and ornately carved. Windows are medium and narrow. For decoration, ceilings are often painted in ornate styles.
This style of music has a single rhythm with a moderate beat. It is quiet, with no harmony. It has a simple melody with a low pitch in a major key. Usually, it has a full timbre.
As the Bregi hail originally from a temperate coniferous forest region, their clothing
style is appropriate for that kind of place. They often wear the following:
- knee-length tunic
- skirt down to the knees
- dress with ribbed sleeves
Common colors include white, moderate red, and subdued grey.
Decoration tends towards feather decorations.
For jewelry, some of the following are common:
- lustrous bone bracelets
- gaudy bone necklaces
- simple bone necklaces adorned with beads
Food and Drink
Common main dishes for the Bregi include:
- pungent and salty stewed cougar
- bitter and sweet curried leek in thin sorghum noodle soup with coriander, black pepper, and parsley
- sweet and bitter stewed jalapeno in round sorghum noodle soup
- sour and aromatic lightly fried brussel sprouts
- bitter and savory lightly fried mudhen eggs on long sorghum noodles
Common desserts include:
- raspberry crisp
- raspberry cake
- pineapple crisp
- mudhen eggs cake
- sweetened cake
The most common alcoholic beverages are:
- very strong sorghum liquor made with brahmi that's pale green in color
- strong raspberry brandy that's orange in color
- sorghum ale made with salt and blackberry that's pale
As far as eating customs go, they have the following:
- eat with knife
- thank the cook after eating
The Bregi have a duotheistic outlook. They gather in
The deities of the Bregi are as follows:
Chigur is the god of sky. He is anguished. He is fae and fierce. His holy item is a staff, and his holy symbol is a cloud. Chigur respects Kokchakach and is a friend of Kokchakach.
Kokchakach is the god of earth and the moon. He is stout. He is methodical and thoughtful. His holy item is a ring, and his holy symbol is a crescent moon. Kokchakach supports Chigur and is an ally of Chigur.